Clustering in computers is the use of multiple computers, typically UNIX or high performance workstations, multiple storage devices, and redundant interconnections, to form what appears to users as a single highly available system. clustering solution can be used for load balancing as well as for high availability. Advocates of clustering suggest that the approach can help an enterprise achieve 99.99999 availability in some cases. The main ideas of clustering solution is that, to the outside world, the cluster appears to be a single system.
A common use of clustering solution is to load balance traffic on high-traffic Web sites. A Web page request is sent to a "manager" server, which then determines which of several identical or very similar Web servers to forward the request to for handling. Having a Web farm (as such a configuration is sometimes called) allows traffic to be handled more quickly.
Cluster operating systems divide the tasks amongst the available servers. Clusters of systems or workstations, on the other hand, connect a group of systems together to jointly share a critically demanding computational task. theoretically, a cluster operating system should provide seamless optimization in every case.
At the present time, cluster server and workstation systems are mostly used in High Availability applications and in scientific applications such as numerical computations.
Running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard
Fully redundant, fault-tolerant Cluster-in-a-Box designed to provide low latency performance for mission critical applications
Mission-Critical, Enterprise Storage at an Affordable Price
The SuperStorage Bridge Bay (Super SBB) running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard will enable SMB and Branch Offices to deploy reliable, continuous availability storage typically beyond the budget of these environments. with high transactional performance and capacity to meet growing business requirements.
Key Hardware Features
- Hot-swappable modules for all active components - including storage controllers, power supplies, and disk drives.
- Ready-to-deploy - delivered with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard preinstalled and Failover Clustering preconfigured across the two compute nodes.
- High-Performance, Tiered Storage Option - the SSG-2027B-CIB020H model incorporates 4x SSD drives for lightning-fast performance by using the new Storage Tiers feature in Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard.
- Native integration with Active Directory - enabling fast and easy deployment in existing Windows Server-based IT infrastructures.
- Easily expanded - built-in expansion ports make it easy to connect up to four Super SBB 937R-E2JB JBODs, each of which supports 16x 3.5" SAS1/SAS2 drives, allowing the solution to scale to over 400TB!
Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard Preinstalled
With SuperSBB running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard, you’ll have access to the latest storage innovations from Microsoft, including:
- Data Deduplication and Storage Spaces - for maximizing and scaling your storage capacity.
- Storage Tiers, SMB Direct, SMB Multichannel, and NIC Teaming - for maximum performance.
- Enhancements to Failover Clustering and Hyper-V - for improved reliability.
We offer the most appropriate clustering solutions for your business need. Call Now 1-800-5628650 or Click the "Quote Form" button to get a detail solution quote.